Is it bad that I want to strangle my 16 year old? She went back to school today from the holiday break. Last night she wanted me to go the grocery store to get a menu of food for her school lunches. We had plenty of food so I told her that I would go later in the week.
Then I proceeded to pack lunches so they would be ready for and her sister in the morning. After packing them she wanted to know what I had packed because “we don’t have any food.” This is the list I told her, along with her responses:
- 4 Oreos packed in a zip lock – “I don’t like Oreos”. ( I have personally seen her chow down on Oreos numerous times!)
- Goldfish in a bag – “Those a Goldfish are old.” (they are not old.)
- Munster cheese that I cubed and put in a small bag. – “That cheese is old too.”
- Carrots in a bag. – “The carrots are old.”
- Homemade mac’n’cheese for her thermos – “The mac’n’cheese is old too.” (No it’s not. I just made it a day ago you little snot!!)
- Package of gummy fruit – “I don’t like those”. (Then why have I seen you eating them!!?!)
So “Diva” goes off to school with her lunch and the above text is what I got about half way through the day. So evidentially all the food was stale – not! Perhaps I should not have been so sassy back but sometimes I can’t help it!
Truth be told, Avery had already decided before she ever went to school that her lunch would be awful.
So Avery earned herself a “least favorite” today for her lunch drama.
Avery 0/-1 Brooke 0/0 Kate 0/0